Girls Only Cricket
Bec Newman - 0488 400 026
Day & Time: TBC
Location: RF Miles Reserve, Seaford Rd, Seaford
This season the Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association is forming a Girls only junior competition.
Seaford Cricket Club, in partnership with the Frankston Women's Cricket Club, is proud to be one of the first Club's to commit to forming an all girls side.
This is great for women's sport and through partnership with FWCC, we now have a pathway for our juniors girls to continue into senior cricket.
We have fantastic ladies to coach our girls side;
Aimee plays for the Victorian Open Women's Indoor Cricket Team (current premiers).
Michelle plays for the West Australian Open Women's Indoor Cricket Team as we as representing Australia in the Masters Over 35's Women's Indoor Cricket Team.
SCC and FWCC are elated to have Aimee and Michelle coaching our junior girls and we cant wait for the season to start!
The MPCA has formed a working committee and at this stage the girls only competition will look like:
- Eight players per side
- A broad age group of eleven to eighteen
- 16 overs per innings
- Bat in pairs for 4 overs
- Everyone to bowl 2 overs
- Merged sides will be allowed, i.e. players from two or more clubs will be allowed to form a side;
- Played on TUESDAY evenings (TBC)
- Season start date of November 8th (TBC)
- A softer ball
- Promotion of fun, enjoyment and the social aspect of the game.
- Girls can still play with junior boys teams as well as play in this competition
Whilst some of these details are to be confirmed, we are taking expressions of interest and online registrations.
For more information please contact Team Manager - Bec Newman 0488 400 026